Thursday, October 14, 2010

YOUR Chance To Critique ME

(If you've had me in class before, you've already seen these.)

I thought this could be an interesting experiment. Below, I have images taken from old (very old in some cases) sketchbooks of mine when I was a student. Some are from undergrad classes and some are classes I took while attending grad school here at MCA (I won't say which are which). Some are from drawing classes and some are not. So, after you read through the comments I left in your sketchbooks, feel free to browse through my old sketchbook pages here and see if I practiced then what I'm preaching to you now. Then, feel free to critique by posting a comment. It's your turn now. My feelings aren't going to be hurt. So, anything you see that needs to be criticized, praised, or taken out into the street and flogged, you can point it out without fear.















1 comment:

  1. Since no one else has made a comment on this post, I would like to praise the first two thumbnails for the use of perspective. The correct one-point perspective, dramatic angling, and experimentation, including the experiment with the two-point drawing, are engaging and pleasing to the eye and provide a sense of forward or upward movement. Due to that, these pages have energy.
    Overall, the two-spread compositions are well-balanced (some are more dynamic than others), have copious notes-taken, have articles and pictures of interest, and have a healthy amount of experimentation. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete